Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Why?

Good question...why would I want to do this? Well, to show what autism really looks like. It is such a misunderstood disorder. It is so much more then the television glamorized versions of savants or the horrific back of your mind visions of children sitting in a dark corner banging their heads against the wall. Not saying these types of autism do not exist it is just not the norm. So to let others view what MY autism lifestyle looks like I will post a new picture taken each day for a year...where we go after that we shall see.

A little background I guess...I have two daughters, Maeve 4 and Josephine (Josie) 3, that have both been diagnosed with an ASD. Maeve is severe, non-verbal (but VERY vocal) and Josie is mild/moderate with speech that is limited but improving daily. I cannot explain in words what autism is but I can visually show just our little world of it.

I am starting out with quite a few blog posts up to today's picture because I actually started this idea between friends on facebook just a few days ago and quickly decided to start a blog about it, so here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment